MARBEN Java Diameter v6.0 release
This release introduces:
- new 3GPP S6a, S6d and S9 interfaces
- upgrade to 3GPP Release 10 of some existing interfaces
- new proxy agent feature.
MARBEN DiamX Java Stack v6.0 Components Overview
New Diameter Interfaces
MARBEN Java Diameter v6.0 supports 3 new Diameter interfaces and applications.
New Diameter interfaces from 3GPP:
- 3GPP S6a/S6d
- S6a is the interface between MME and HSS and enables transfer of subscription and authentication data for authenticating/authorizing user access to the evolved system (AAA interface). S6d is the interface SGSN and the HSS and allows the transfer of subscriber related data.
- 3GPP S9
- This interface is between the PCEF and AF and is used in roaming scenarios involving a HPLMN and a VPLMN. The purpose of the S9 Diameter application is to install PCC rules or QoS rules generated in the HPLMN into the VPLMN and transport the events that may occur in the VPLMN to the HPLMN.
3GPP Release 10 support
One important new feature is that MARBEN Java Diameter v6.0 features 3GPP release 10 versions of 3GPP interfaces formerly supported in their 3GPP release 8 version. These interfaces are:
- 3GPP Cx interface as per
- 3GPP TS 29.228 v.10.2.0 - Jun. 2011
- 3GPP TS 29.229 v.10.1.0 - Jun. 2011
- GPP Gx interface as per 3GPP TS 29.212 v.10.3.0 - Jun. 2011
- 3GPP Gxx interface as per 3GPP TS 29.212 v.10.3.0 - Jun. 2011
- 3GPP Ro/Rf interfaces as per 3GPP TS 32.299 v.10.2.0 - Jun. 2011
- 3GPP Rx interface as per 3GPP TS 29.214 v.10.4.0 - Sep. 2011
- 3GPP Sh interface as per:
- 3GPP TS 29.328 v.10.3.0 - Jun. 2011
- 3GPP TS 29.329 v.10.3.0 - Jun. 2011
- 3GPP Zh/Zn/Zpn interface as per 3GPP TS 29.109 v.10.0.0 - Apr. 2011
The proxy function implements the routing algorithms specified in RFC3588.
The proxy role is enabled at start-up thanks to the routing table configuration (no recompilation required). It is possible to have the proxy role working alone or working with other Diameter applications. In the latter case, the proxy application captures the messages targeted at application not supported locally.
Using the proxy function does not require any development from the user. The proxy function is made active by the provisioning of routing tables which is a configuration action.