MARBEN Network Emulator
Test and validation is a key point of OSI network solutions development, the MARBEN Network Emulator helps for:
- checking the correct behavior of your own networking applications or networking systems;
- reproducing and fixing interoperability issues;
- Replaying and fixing network failures.
Available on Unix and Linux systems, the Network Emulator is based on the MARBEN OSIAM protocol suites as ES-IS, ISIS, TARP, CNLP and simulates complete and true protocol stacks on large network topologies. Connecting your equipment to the Network Emulator allows you to integrate it in a large topology avoiding usage of real and expensive equipment.
The Network Emulator provides the following features:
- Hundred of nodes supported per simulator;
- imulation of QoS characteristics related to the transmission of data (Transit Delay, PDU disordering);
- Simulation of QoS characteristics related to error rates (Data loss and corruption, replication);
- Link cut or system shutdown.
Its open architecture allows also OSIAM customers to validate their applications based on OSIAM protocol stacks.