MARBEN Java Diameter v3.0 enhancements
This section presents what's new in Marben Java Diameter release 3.0.
This release introduces new Diameter interfaces, 3GPP release 8 support, API enhancements as well as bug fixing.
New Diameter Interfaces
- 3GPP Zpn
- is the interface between the BSF and the NAF for Generic Bootstrapping Architecture (GBA) push procedure. It is used to retrieve the GPI, key material and possibly user security settings data by NAF from BSF.
- 3GPP Gxx
- is the interface lying between the Policy and Charging Rule Function (PCRF) and the Bearer Binding and Event Reporting Function (BBERF). It is used for:
- Provisioning, update and removal of QoS rules from the PCRF to the BBERF,
- Transmission of traffic plane events from the BBERF to the PCRF,
- Transmission of events reported by the PCEF to the BBERF via the PCR.
- Service Charging Application Protocol (SCAP)
- is a vendor-specific application that adds AVPs to the Diameter Base Protocol's accounting commands (ACR/ACA).
3GPP Release 8 support
Diameter 3GPP interfaces updated from 3GPP release 7 to 3GPP release 8 in MARBEN Java Diameter v3.0 are:
- 3GPP Gx interface as per 3GPP TS 29.212 v.8.6.0 - Dec. 2009
- 3GPP Ro/Rf interfaces as per 3GPP TS 32.299 v.8.9.0 - Dec. 2009
- 3GPP Rx interface as per 3GPP TS 29.214 v.8.7.0 - Dec. 2009
- 3GPP Sh interface as per:
- 3GPP TS 29.328 v.8.7.0 - Dec. 2009
- 3GPP TS 29.329 v.8.5.0 - Dec. 2009
In this latest release of MARBEN Java Diameter, the API has changed in order to manipulate standard Java types instead of diameter-specific ones. This has impacted the AVP/messages manipulation methods, i.e. interfaces' message factories and Listeners.
The interfaces that benefit from this enhancement are the following:
- Ericsson SCAP
- 3GPP Gx Release 8
- 3GPP Gxx
- 3GPP Sh Release 8
- 3GPP Rf Release 8
- 3GPP Ro Release 8
- 3GPP Rx Release 8
Former API versions, when applicable, have also been kept for the sake of backward compatibility.