MARBEN Java Diameter v3.0 release
This release of the Diameter Signaling Java stack introduces:
- new 3GPP Release 8 Zpn and Gxx interfaces, as well as Ericsson SCAP
- upgrade to 3GPP Release 8 of some existing interfaces.
This section presents what's new in Marben Java Diameter release 3.0.
Next release is MARBEN Java Diameter v6.0.
MARBEN DiamX Java Stack v3.0 Components Overview
New Diameter Interfaces
- 3GPP Zpn
- is the interface between the BSF and the NAF for Generic Bootstrapping Architecture (GBA) push procedure. It is used to retrieve the GPI, key material and possibly user security settings data by NAF from BSF.
- 3GPP Gxx
- is the interface lying between the Policy and Charging Rule Function (PCRF) and the Bearer Binding and Event Reporting Function (BBERF). It is used for:
- Provisioning, update and removal of QoS rules from the PCRF to the BBERF,
- Transmission of traffic plane events from the BBERF to the PCRF,
- Transmission of events reported by the PCEF to the BBERF via the PCR.
- Service Charging Application Protocol (SCAP)
- is a vendor-specific application that adds AVPs to the Diameter Base Protocol's accounting commands (ACR/ACA).
3GPP Release 8 support
Diameter 3GPP interfaces updated from 3GPP release 7 to 3GPP release 8 in MARBEN Java Diameter v3.0 are:
- 3GPP Gx interface as per 3GPP TS 29.212 v.8.6.0 - Dec. 2009
- 3GPP Ro/Rf interfaces as per 3GPP TS 32.299 v.8.9.0 - Dec. 2009
- 3GPP Rx interface as per 3GPP TS 29.214 v.8.7.0 - Dec. 2009
- 3GPP Sh interface as per:
- 3GPP TS 29.328 v.8.7.0 - Dec. 2009
- 3GPP TS 29.329 v.8.5.0 - Dec. 2009