MARBEN Diameter v6.0 release
This release introduces new 3GPP S6a, S6D and S9 interfaces, upgrade to 3GPP Release 10 of some existing interfaces, new proxy agent feature and support of SCTP multi-homing.
This section presents what's new in Marben C++ Diameter release 6.0 with regards to the MARBEN C++ Diameter v5.0 release.
Next release is MARBEN C++ Diameter v7.0.
MARBEN DiamX C++ Stack v6.0 Components Overview
New 3GPP S6a/S6d and 3GPP S9 Diameter Interfaces
MARBEN Diameter v6.0 supports 3 new Diameter interfaces and applications.
- 3GPP S6a/S6d
- S6a is the interface between MME and HSS and enables transfer of subscription and authentication data for authenticating/authorizing user access to the evolved system (AAA interface). S6d is the interface SGSN and the HSS and allows the transfer of subscriber related data.
- 3GPP S9
- This interface is between the PCEF and AF and is used in roaming scenarios involving a HPLMN and a VPLMN. The purpose of the S9 Diameter application is to install PCC rules or QoS rules generated in the HPLMN into the VPLMN and transport the events that may occur in the VPLMN to the HPLMN.
3GPP Release 10 support
One important new feature is that MARBEN Diameter v6.0 now features 3GPP release 10 versions of 3GPP interfaces formerly supported in their 3GPP release 8 version. These interfaces are:
- 3GPP Cx interface as per
- 3GPP TS 29.228 v.10.2.0 - Jun. 2011
- 3GPP TS 29.229 v.10.1.0 - Jun. 2011
- 3GPP Gx interface as per 3GPP TS 29.212 v.10.3.0 - Jun. 2011
- 3GPP Gxx interface as per 3GPP TS 29.212 v.10.3.0 - Jun. 2011
- 3GPP Ro/Rf interfaces as per 3GPP TS 32.299 v.10.2.0 - Jun. 2011
- 3GPP Rx interface as per 3GPP TS 29.214 v.10.4.0 - Sep. 2011
- 3GPP Sh interface as per:
- 3GPP TS 29.328 v.10.3.0 - Jun. 2011
- 3GPP TS 29.329 v.10.3.0 - Jun. 2011
- 3GPP Zh/Zn/Zpn interface as per 3GPP TS 29.109 v.10.0.0 - Apr. 2011
The proxy function implements the routing algorithms specified in RFC3588.
The proxy role is enabled at start-up thanks to the routing table configuration (no recompilation required). It is possible to have the proxy role working alone or working with other Diameter applications. In the latter case, the proxy agent manages the messages that are not targeted to the local host; else, they are dispatched to the Diameter applications.
Using the proxy function does not require any development from the user. The proxy function is made active by the provisioning of routing tables which is a configuration action.
SCTP Multi-homing support
MARBEN Diameter v6.0 supports the SCTP multi-homing feature.
This feature increases the reliability of the connection between 2 peers. Client and/or server can be configured as multi-homed nodes and thereby, if one of the links fails, i.e. the IP address is not reachable anymore, the other links will be used.